Monday, March 19, 2012

How to participate in WordPress development

wordpress development
If you want to participate in WordPress development the first thing you need to do is get the latest testing version of WordPress. Mark Jaquith had posted a cheat sheet for how to get the latest WordPress development code for Linux and Mac users. In the Follow The White Rabbit blog post Westi (if you are a WordPress developer I recommend following him on social media sites and his blog) has written a walk through for downloading the latest version of WordPress (for developers). The WordPress version you would download using this method should be used only a testing or development server. Never use this version of WordPress for a live website. For the live website you need to download the stable version of WordPress from WordPress.org.

If you want to learn about the history of WordPress releases there is an page on WordPress that is dedicated to the history of WordPress with its roadmap.

It is pretty easy tutorial and I'm going to get started. Look out for more details as I would be sharing my journey of becoming a master of WordPress. 

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for posting the comment. I have looked up your website and I must say the website has been designed well. I will try to spread the word about your website as well.

    Keep in touch.

    ReplyDelete
  2.  Hey thanks a lot for enlightening me on WordPress Development. This article really helped me a lot.
    Wordpress Development Company

    ReplyDelete